Beaphar Wormclear Worming Tablets For Dogs
Beaphar WORMclear Worming Tablets for Dogs
Why is it important to worm my cat and dog?
Just because you haven’t seen any worms, doesn’t mean they are not there. A heavy roundworm infestation in young animals can be more dangerous than an infestation in adults.
Worm eggs are everywhere. As soon as your pet ventures outside, you will not be able to prevent them becoming infected. As the days pass, the infection will grow, until your beloved pet has become a home to a whole host of wriggling, squirming disgustingness!
Can worms harm my cat? Aside from being uncomfortable and irritating, worms can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, anaemia, weight loss and a general lack of condition. In more extreme cases, worms can have serious effects on a cat’s health including a prolapse, where the rectum slips out of place. This must be treated immediately, or it can be fatal.
Can worms harm my dog? Worms can damage the gut, stunt growth, cause diarrhoea, dehydration, anaemia and put them off their food, leading to severe weight loss and a general lack of condition. They can also make your dog more susceptible to other diseases. In extreme cases, worms can even be fatal.
What are the symptoms of worms?
- Pot Belly - A young kitten or puppy that is thin with a ‘pot belly’ is often described as a typical ‘wormy’ puppy or kitten.
- Coughing - Migrating larvae in the lungs may cause coughing, which can be an important symptom. These larvae may also travel through the liver, brain or other tissues.
- Young Kittens & Puppies - In young kittens and puppies, roundworms may cause abdominal swelling and pain, weight loss, vomiting or diarrhoea, and on rare occasions, rupture of the bowel.
- Loss of Appetite - A heavy worm infestation might make your pet feel very bloated, leading to a loss of appetite.
- Scooting - If your dog keeps ‘scooting’, (where it drags its bottom across the floor), or if your pet appears to be cleaning its bottom more than usual, this may be due to itching caused by a worm infestation.
- Hard to spot symptoms - Symptoms of worms are often hard to spot in both cats and dogs, making a regular worming regime important. To keep your pets free from these nasty parasites, we recommend you worm your car or dog every 3 months.